Easy Health and Fitness Tips: The most important way to improve your physical and mental health is to focus on being healthy. It’s the most essential aspect of your life and the most important factor in determining your success. While you may have been told that you need to exercise, eat well, take your vitamins, and get plenty of sleep, there are many more things you can do to ensure that you stay healthy.
For example, you can: eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water, get plenty of rest, get a physical, exercise regularly, get plenty of fiber, reduce your stress, reduce your use of alcohol and other drugs, be involved in your community, and set a goal to improve your overall health.
Now you have 3 months to lose the weight or we’ll call you ‘early birds’ and be forced to put in as much work as we can for as long as we’re allowed. (Let me say this again: I’m not saying you should starve yourself. That’s not for me.) But here are some easy tips to stay with a plan.
1. Mindset. From day 1, you’ll be told to work out with the whole day. There’s no discussion of breaks, breaks after meals, limitations.
2. Schedule your days. That means the first few days to ‘straighten yourself up and start getting the physical side of your body ready.
3. It’s okay to fail. Of course, it’s not okay to quit a healthy regimen. You want to try things and see what works for you. But you have to see a bit of progression. Don’t try to start with more of the same.
4. ‘Get comfortable’. Your body is adapting to whatever you’re doing. You can’t force it to do something new. Even if it is hard for you, you might find that starting small, but still evolving, can help your body adjust to something new.
5. Maybe you’ll have to start smaller? If you don’t try something, you aren’t going to try something new. I used to think one on two meals would be enough. I’m getting two meals and a 30-minute workout a day for most of my days now. We are learning as we go.
6. Eat an egg for breakfast. It’s not so filling. (If you want to be in such a hurry to be more efficient, skip breakfast). I used to skip breakfast, but I’m getting more now.
7. Morning exercise. That’s almost a given, but there are so many different variations. One of my fitness sessions, for example, doesn’t involve a walk in the park or a circuit. It’s a set of directions that I walk to a running, running, skipping, swimming exercise. Not too many of the groups I went with have ever been able to get to the edge of completing the exercise. They do it with me.
8. I usually eat 2 foods for lunch and 2 to 4 for dinner. It’s been working out well for me and it’s too good of a reward to stop.
9. Don’t break up your workday. No bad habits.
10. Other ways to lose weight: we all know calories count.
11. Even though I like to think of weight loss with logic and not with a net effect, some might think cutting out carbs will make a big difference. But beware of over-working yourself. Your body will catch up to you later.
I hope these nine tips help you achieve your goals and even if you have a type of person who falls back into bad habits after a while, I want you to do what works for you.
My advice: start slowly. Don’t try to force yourself to add more exercise to your day. There are thousands of people who work out, and you’re just one person. Try one or two days a week of doing something you’ve never done before, and you’ll know more about yourself (and your body) than you can say in words.
Maybe you want to try some different exercises. You don’t have to and I wouldn’t recommend a full workout such as a cardio exercise. I think a workout is generally too hard for beginners so that they don’t leave because they didn’t get the results they wanted. If you have very little time, then maybe you’re better off not trying too many different things.
Of course, if you’re a gym rat, get into it. Figure out how to take your home workout routine and figure out the dos and don’ts. You might have to go with your bike, so that’s also a plus. Learn about different packages you can get which will give you different workout options. Also, make sure to follow your goals and commit to a pattern.
I hope you find these tips useful. If you’re new to fitness, just enroll in a fitness programmer. There are many different ones out there. Then keep it simple and consistent! It will make more sense to you if you follow two types of exercises, say morning and night.